What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is an effective system of which assists the natural tendency of the body to heal itself. It recognizes that symptoms of ill health are expressions of disharmony within the whole person and that it is the patient who needs treatment, not the disease.
In 1796, a German doctor, Samuel Hahnemann, discovered a different approach to healing of the sick which he called homeopathy (from the Greek words meaning 'similar suffering'). Like Hippocrates 2,000 years earlier, he realized there were two ways of treating ill health: the way of opposites, most commonly used by conventional medicine, and the way of similars.
Hahnemann discovered that diluting and succussing (shaking) remedies, not only produced fewer side effects but also produced better healing results.
Homeopathic remedies are drawn from the natural world and given on the principle of treating "like with like" or the way of similars.
What are Some Benefits/Facts of Homeopathy?
- Homeopathic treatment has a positive effect whether used for an acute or chronic illness, as an adjunct to medical treatment, or as prevention to maintain a healthy state, by using a "whole person" approach. People that use homeopathy report that they experience a greatly improved quality of life.
- Homeopathic remedies have no toxic side effects.
- Homeopathy is a system of medicine that is regulated by the FDA of the U.S.
- It has a National Board that regulates the purity and quality of the homeopathic remedies produced.
- Homeopathy is an effective means of helping in acute and especially chronic conditions.
Some informational/research links:
National Center for Homeopathy
Organizations in the U.S.:
Homeopathic Educational Services
Thanks again for visiting this website.
Treating the whole person involves many aspects in a person's life. We must strive to understand the genetic make-up or susceptibility of a person, look at life stresses, , mental/emotional/spiritual issues and then address those that are imbalanced. Because every person is unique, we believe you should be treated accordingly. One size does not "fit all" as in conventional medicine. What happens when drugs don't work, or are used for management of symptoms? Is that true healing? What is true healing? In natural medicine, it is not having to rely on drugs or anything else to be healthy just a healthy lifestyle . That is where homeopathy shines. Homeopathy works with your own body to heal itself. There are no side effects with the homeopathic remedies and they are safe to use with babies, children, animals, everyone!
Best of Health,